Mindful Entrepreneurship

30 DAY MODIFIED PUSH UP / SQUAT / PLANK / CRUNCH CHALLENGE – Fitness during a pandemic stay-at-home

DAY 1: Today I decided to do some at-home fitness and give myself a 30 day challenge. I want to commit to these four workouts because I have a certain level of fitness “leftover” from some intensive times with yoga (about a year during two periods of my life), regular gym visits 1-2 times a week (used to be 4-5), and recently swimming 45 minutes on Saturdays. All of this gradually stopped because of shoulder or now pandemic reasons.

Just a few minutes ago, I completed 50 squats. Right hip is sore & left knee creaks, so I need to watch that. Done. I like this multi-30 day challenge format because it gives me more of a full body workout than just a single challenge. I wonder about increasing each of these daily to 2 sets in the first week. I think I have that level of fitness right now. I’ll try it. Below is what the four workouts look like.

30 day challenge - 4 types in one

I’ll modify the pushups to start higher since I have some leftover strength from prior fitness routines. I’m replacing the above pushup challenge with this ladder one:

various pushup styles in one workout

This workout with various push up styles in one workout seems to match my fitness level better than the simpler one above. Go with what feels right for you right now. Just start!

Just tried day 1! This varied version of pushups was much harder than normal one for me. I had to rest in the first set before the close grip. I started to sweat. Maybe my fitness has dropped more than I thought. Don’t forget to go all the way and touch your chest to the floor to get the full range of the pushups. Also, don’t hesitate to start with these pushups on a wall, then a chair, then the floor. I have to do another set in a sec. Second set – wow, the close ones are harder for me.

I took a break from pushups and did the plank. 30 seconds instead of 20. And everyone you just do what the sheets says. I like to push myself but go with what works for you.

My other goal with this workout is to have my mom join me at her level. She’s joined me on walks 2-3 times a week since I’ve been with her during the pandemic.

DAY 1 SUMMARY: Varied pushups 3 sets done. 2 planks done – 30 seconds each. 35 crunches done. 50 squats done.

Tagged on: , , , ,